Jennie (born January 16, 1996) is a South Korean singer, rapper, and dancer. She is famous for being a member of the popular K-pop group BLACKPINK. Jennie is known for her strong presence on stage, friendly personality, and many talents in music.
Jennie Early Life and Education
Jennie Kim was born in Seoul, South Korea. When she was young, she lived in New Zealand and went to ACG Parnell College. She really liked singing and dancing. When she came back to South Korea, she wanted to become an entertainer.
Jennie started her career in 2010 when she became a trainee at YG Entertainment. She trained a lot in singing, rapping, dancing, and performing. In 2016, she debuted as a member of BLACKPINK.
BLACKPINK became very popular with their songs like “Boombayah,” “Whistle,” “Playing with Fire,” “As If It’s Your Last,” “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du,” and “Kill This Love.” Jennie’s rapping, singing, and good looks helped BLACKPINK become successful.
Jennie also started doing music on her own. In November 2018, she released her first solo song called “Solo.” It became very popular and people liked it a lot. She has released more solo songs and worked with other famous artists.
Jennie has also been on TV shows and people like watching her because she is funny and talented. She is also known for her cool fashion sense.
Jennie Solo Songs
– Solo by Jennie (2018)
- “Blackpink House” (2018)
- “Running Man” (2018, 2019, 2021)
- “Village Survival, the Eight” (2018)
- “Knowing Bros” (2018)
- “MBC Unexpected Q” (2018)
- “MBC King of Mask Singer” (2020)
- The Idol (2023)
Achievements and Awards
Jennie has won many awards for her music. Some of the important ones are:
|2018||Melon Music Awards||Best Dance Female Soloist|
|2019||Golden Disc Awards||Digital Bonsang|
|2019||Gaon Chart Music Awards||Artist of the Year|
|2019||People’s Choice Awards||Music Video of 2019 (“Kill This Love”)|
|2020||Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards||Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation|
- Jennie values her privacy and doesn’t often share details about her personal life or relationships.
- There have been occasional rumors and speculations about her dating life, but she has neither confirmed nor denied them.
- Jennie has a close bond with her BLACKPINK group members Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa and emphasizes the importance of unity and teamwork within the group.
- She actively participates in philanthropic activities, supporting causes such as education, children’s welfare, and environmental conservation.
Social media Accounts
- Instagram: @jennierubyjane
BLACKPINK Social Media
- Instagram: @blackpinkofficial
- Twitter: @blackpink
- Twitter: @ygofficialblink
- Facebook: @BLACKPINKOFFICIAL
- YouTube: @blackpink
- TikTok: @blackpinkofficial
- Weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/7471683357